Basic Life Support (BLS) is designed for healthcare professionals who need to learn how to perform CPR for a job or regulatory requirements. This includes nurses, physicians, EMS personnel, healthcare students, physical therapist, occupational therapist, athletic trainers, and other health professionals.
Students will be instructed and practice basic CPR skills, AED use, and other methods to keep patients alive until they can be brought to a hospital or treated with more advanced lifesaving measures.
This course is available in traditional and blended class formats.
Traditional courses are video-based classes led by certified instructors in a classroom setting. Blended classes use online programs and skill sessions for those who prefer a non-classroom method of learning. (Click here to learn more about these options.)
The Basic Life Support program teaches:
- Key changes in basic life support, reflecting the new science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Critical concepts of high-quality CPR
- The American Heart Association Chain of Survival
- 1 and 2-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- Differences between adult, child and infant rescue techniques
- Bag-mask and rescue breathing techniques for adult, child and infant
- Relief of choking for adult, child and infant
- and more…
Skills are taught, practiced, and assessed under the leadership of our experienced instructors. Students who successfully complete the skills assessment and multiple choice exam, will recieve a course completion card valid for 2 years.
Course length: approximately 4 hours
(traditional class format, online course is self paced)
$60 Traditional format
$80 Blended class**
$35 Skills session only
Company rates and group discounts available.
Contact us or call (317) 597-0279 for more information.
*includes class supplies, study materials, and pocket reference cards – Student manual available at an additional cost.
**Online content is available for 24 months and includes online access to student manual, activities, videos, forms, and other resources (BLS HeartCode)
To find, schedule, or request a class, click here
This course is for healthcare professionals.
First Aid is not taught in the class
If you are a non-medical personnel needing a completion card for a job or other requirements, or wish to learn first aid, you can view our Heartsaver courses.
If you do not need a course completion card, you can view our Family & Friends course.